Thursday, 15 May 2008

Sun, Friends & Photos

Ok, so it has been a week since I last blogged, but I have been too busy enjoying this glorious weather, catching up with friends (and eating some deliciously fab cake - thanks Janine) and taking photos for my next photography module - portraits.

Tomorrow sees the installment of our Jungle Gym. It is really an early birthday present for the girls as they both have summer birthdays. I am hoping that this summer does not turn out to be a repeat of last year as I am banking on spending a lot of my sunfilled days in the garden and the girls kept busy exploring the Jungle Gym.

I have just got back from the DELTA course being held at Lauren's future school - and *gulp* I think I need to go back to school!! Tonight was all about reading and writing and whilst it is exciting to think that by the end of next year Lauren will be able to read and write, I feel a little nervous about my role and how I am going to entertain Amy, who is magnetically attracted to trouble, whilst giving Lauren "her time." Assured by friends who have been there - it can be done!!

I leave you now with the photos I submitted to Module 6:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it's been so long since I last dropped by your blog (and everyone elses too). Fantastic photos, the colouring pencils is stunning - did you sharpen each one before hand? Hope your Mum is doing ok. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Loving these photos of Lauren. Am a bit scared about that DELTA course, esp since Patrick is nearly finished P1! Though he actually can read and write (ish!) and I didn't do that course so I wouldn't worry about it. Wondering also if the weather is kind this summer can I bring the boys round and sit with you in your garden?!

Jen said...

Stop all this talk about summer! It is freezing in NZ! Photos of Lauren are lovely, as always! I'd like some hard copies for our new house! x