Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Prompts & Photos...

I came across a cool photo challenge blog a while back herspace myspace, giving daily one word prompts to get your camera in to action. I never took up the challenge but on re-discovering the blog today, I have decided to give it a go. Today's prompt was ring and this is what I came up with, maybe not ring in the circular sense, but it was fun.



I am actually quite excited to find out what tomorrows prompt is going to be - am I losing it?!!

Lauren started a local CSSM on Monday, I am not exactly sure about what her level of enjoyment is but hopefully she is getting something out of it. I reckon that after 2weeks of numerous daily pick-ups and drop-offs that I will be exhausted, even if she isn't. Anyway, to lighten the mood after the morning session we went to purchase her first school tie - she is so proud of it and insisted on wearing it in the house this afternoon - see what I mean:



Over the last couple of days I have been trying to sort out the huge number of photo files I have stored on my computer. It has become very apparent that I very few recent photos of Amy, it is not for the want of trying, this child simply does not sit or stand still long enough and does not seem interested in the camera to the extent that she avoids looking at it or runs the other way. I did try and get a few this morning, imagine me, moving frantically after her and making the most ridiculous noises to grab her attention, anyway, this is what I got, not great but there you are.
Any tips on capturing camera phobic children greatly received!!



5 comments:

Zena said...

Great photos as always Judith. Love the expressions on Amy's face .

Photo challenge blog sounds like an excellent idea - will definately have a go!

Anonymous said...

love the tie lauren. you will be able to put this one on by yourself.mummy has probably fogotten how to put on the other sort!! ptetty pics amy. can nana have one please? Nana xx

Anonymous said...

I love that your mum leaves similar comments to the ones my mum leaves me! Photo of Lauren is uncannily like that one of Patrick we have - very hip rockstar! As for camera phobic kids - lots of batteries, memory cards and persistence is my best advice:D See you Mon for more crazy running and fetching x

CoventryAnn said...

camera phobic kids??? bribery!!!!Love the portraits, fab skin tones.

Unknown said...

Hi there. I love HS:MS too, am missing them right now, as I have more time now to get the photos! I have just checked, and they are back up :) It is "Row" today.

My older 2 are at CSSM too - there is lots of running around, but they love it every year and would not miss it.